Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lachesis Custom Vehicle

Hello Guys,

I've finally got a little bit of time to get my custom vehicle done for UT3. Now I have a lot of questions as vehicle modding is something I haven't done before. Can someone point me in the right dirrection?

Images and description of vehicle below:

The Lachesis prototype is a speedy fighter with a varied array of weapons.

4 machine guns 2 on each weapon wing (the one on the Goliath)
    4 Laser Cannons 1 on each weapon wing and omni arms (The necris dark walker lasers)
    1 Death piercer Railgun running along the nose of the craft (I'm thinking of the goliath tank shell, not sure on this.)
    2 Standard homing rockets one on each weapon wing(wings open to shoot them)

Hitting the "O" key turns on the cloak
    Hitting the a bound key of choice performs a scorpion speed boost
    Hitting the "?" performs and alpha strike (fires all weapons at once all movement is restricted)

This vehicle should have acces to the a cloak similar to the necris Nightshade.

The ship has two modes each with its own movement and cloak restrictions, the first mode is combat mode (wings fully extended) this gives the player access to the full arsenal of weapons. Players use the wheel to switch between weapons. When in this mode movement functions as follows, turning, strafing and pitch changes are fast and unrestricted, but your frontal and thruster speed is reduced.

Next mode is speed mode (contracted wings) This mode is opposite to combat mode. Frontal thruster speed is increased, all other movement functions decrease. Weapons are also restricted to the Railgun and rockets. This mode is ideal for vehicle sniping therefore the nemesis cloak can be turned on and stays on as long as the player doesn't move (pitch and aiming are exempt from this restriction).

A mutator should be attached to this vehicle to have it replace and existing vehicle in a map, in this mutator you can tweak sereval things such as an unrestricted cloak for more fun:P of it but this is the way I think it will be a a fair vehicle to add. Armour points should be the same as the Cicada and that about wraps it up.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Functions.gif

Thats it, suggestions and feedback guys? Anyone who can help me with this please do I as in the dark on this one.

i donno about the stuff u asked, but hope u get it working. i woud love to pay with it :P

Comment

Sounds and looks promising, if somewhat uber. The thing seems to have nothing but advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        Sounds and looks promising, if somewhat uber. The thing seems to have nothing but advantages.
        give it 200 hp and it has no big advantage.

Comment

I agree that it is a tad uber. Alsthough I forgot to mention that some of these will have movent restrictions. I just need to get around the hurdles, any coders out there that can shed some light on this?

Comment

Bump, common guys don't let me down.

Comment

It's a very cool looking model; I could almost see it as part of a Liandri vehicle pack. The only parts that look off to me are the cone-shaped engines - they look more like something you'd stick on the back of a Lego model rather than a detailed high-tech flying machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
                It's a very cool looking model; I could almost see it as part of a Liandri vehicle pack. The only parts that look off to me are the cone-shaped engines - they look more like something you'd stick on the back of a Lego model rather than a detailed high-tech flying machine.
                Any siggestions for an engine change? I've been finifhin the cockpit out along with some fps elemtns for it aswell.

I really need help guys, I'll upload a video of this thing performing certain functions to try and bring out some interest.

Comment

I like the cone thrusters. You can't have an R-Type without cone thrusters.

Comment

Uploaded a motion test to first post, gives you a better idea of the full range of functions this thing has.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Functions.gif

Comment

so where's the problem, have a look at the vehiclename_content.uc files look for the Seats(0)= in the default properties

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                        so where's the problem, have a look at the vehiclename_content.uc files look for the Seats(0)= in the default properties

Thats one thing down, but how do I change the bones or rig this thing for unreal? How do I set bones up? There are no source files to go from. I'm in the dark in what to do for the mesh set up in Max>UED.

Comment

have a look at my tutorial but don't forget that any of the bones/objects that have anims eg the wings(open + closed) need to be parented to an extra bone which is then parented to the root bone.

not much point in suppling a source file as every vehicle is different, have a look in Ued to see how theirs are rigged, don't forget to add your sockets when you have it in ued

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                            have a look at my tutorial but don't forget that any of the bones/objects that have anims eg the wings(open + closed) need to be parented to an extra bone which is then parented to the root bone.

not much point in suppling a source file as every vehicle is different, have a look in Ued to see how theirs are rigged, don't forget to add your sockets when you have it in ued

Hmm I'll give it a whirl, gonna have a hard time there are so many moving parts. Some parts don''t rotate the fcolaps on themselves kinda like a bike pump. How would I achieve those effects?

Comment

Some parts don''t rotate the fcolaps on themselves kinda like a bike pump
                              simple don't rotate them translate them but when you have the anims in ued there is a tick box which says buserotationonly (or something like that) make sure it's not ticked

Comment

Working...
                              X