Collision problem on a static mesh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Without seeing your mesh I can only guess... the values I mentioned are what you normally use if you have a simplified collision.
    I am creating an in-depth collision tutorial on UDN to help make some of this feature more clear.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for the responses. I left all of the actual collision settings for the mesh instances at the defaults, but I will check and see if something got messed up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SM, what are the LOD Collision and UseSimple*Collision settings?
    They should be LOD checked, SimpleRigid checked, SimpleBox checked, SimpleLine unchecked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You could open up your palmtree in your staticmesh editor then create a simple box and place it where the trunk is, shape it to your desire then Name the box UCX_Collision and export the whole Scene to Ase file. I tried it and it has 1 primitive as collision model where the palmtree trunk is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you have the collision flag on and can't see the collision then you have no collision.
    Without looking I'd guess that the leaves are simple planes without depth nerfing up the mesh. In any case, don't sweat the small stuff. Why not use your brush to add a blocking volume around it instead since it's basically the same thing (only detached).

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Collision problem on a static mesh.

Collision problem on a static mesh.

I had this problem crop up in my WAR-Dune map also and could never, for the life of me, fix it.

In Dune it was more of a cosmetic issue, but in my new map, it's seriously effecting the gameplay.

I had perfect collision on one of my palm tree models, it was simple but it worked fine. I just had one issue where in the Generic Browser, it kept telling me that I had "25 COLLISION PRIMS!" and it was rather annoying to see... plus I wasn't sure if that would cause optimization issues later on. So, I created a simple box collision out of a builder brush, then saved the brush as collision.

Now, the engine recognizes that there IS collision on the meshes, but paths build right through the trees and you can walk/drive right through them.

If I hit the "C" key in the editor to view collision, no collision box comes up and I am very very confused. I tried deleting and re-importing the mesh and adding collision, but the editor just refuses to allow this one mesh to have collision of any sort, It does block weapons, but nothing else.
Working...
X