The definitive guide for importing custom music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The definitive guide for importing custom music

Documentation on this subject is a little weak so I took it upon myself to make a write-up of everything gathered from my efforts in various projects the past six months. Aside from missing a few events that cause certain stingers to trigger I'm confident it's accurate and as complete as possible.
    The guides explain many things, not just what to do but why. It's quite lengthly and the details explained may be common knowledge to mappers but this was written for someone (like a musician) who may have little to no experience with UnrealEd. The last page of each subject has is a summary reference if you wish to skip the details and get to the bare bones of the topic.
    Hopefully this will encourage more musicians to participate in the mod community instead of serve as a reference on how to import AwsomeSongFromMyCollection.mp3. To that guy do us all a favor, use Winamp. For everyone else the guides are broken into two sections, Music Cue Explanations and Importing, and can be found here.

Thanks! Its great! I just needed that! ^^

Comment

Thank you so much for your hard work. Hopefully it'll make my maps a little better

Where in the vast array of folders for UT3 are the music and cue files kept, should they be kept seperate?, and where do we put custom music files while making our maps?

Comment

I've been saving then in CookedPC. Level designers have been putting them in CustomMaps. It works from either location so I don't suppose it makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
        X