Dropship Model (WIP) Feed Back Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropship Model (WIP) Feed Back Needed!

I am trying to make a dropship vehicle but it doesn't look right to me.

I am working on vehicle or player dropship. That depends on the size of the aircraft. I need some idea to improve or make some changes. What you guys think of this?

[UPDATE]
    Dropship video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsGz-61yPU

your ship is like the dropship in starsraft

Comment

It looks very similar to the NOD dropships in CNC3. Good work however!

Comment

If it could be driveable and you can transport players like in BF2, it should be nice. It would be nice if it has machineguns on both sides

shade.pt

Comment

^^)>
          So I need good turrets machineguns or other weapon type turrets. I should only limit to 9 passager that depends on the keys.

I guess I could add turrets for players in the 8 slots in defence airship.

Comment

I'd leave the hold as simply an animated door that the driver can open and close - in doing so the transport capacity is whatever players try to put in it, rather than hard-coded slots, which might not work with other mods

Comment

this looks kinda like the Helix....

-EJon

Comment

Working out the design will take time and trouble shooting with turrets for player to use. I am not sure if would be open or close for them. Like the hellbender in the 2nd seat.

Comment

looks awesome. agree with the hold being open to whatever players can stuff in there. also agree with machine guns players could man for defense during loading and flight. i'm picturing something that could hold at least a tank inside with enough lift and thrust to get it in a hot zone for deployment. ****. now i'm nonstop with ideas for maps..

Comment

Here the images for open and with four turrets. I got some feel it work out ok. Still there some thing missing. Don't know which one.

Comment

Here a new and update model dropship, still working out some areas.

What you guys think of this? I haven't done the texture or even the bones yet. UV layout have work on bit but still need to be refine a bit. I going to name the dropship "DST4TD" it short name of DropShip Troops 4 Turrets Defence.

Comment

Originally posted by darknet View Post
                        Here a new and update model dropship, still working out some areas.

What you guys think of this? I haven't done the texture or even the bones yet. UV layout have work on bit but still need to be refine a bit. I going to name the dropship "DST4TD" it short name of DropShip Troops 4 Turrets Defence.

Just a suggestion; it's hard to make out the silouette with that background in the level. Maybe just showcase it against a light sky or even just a white/gray wall? It'll help us get a better look at the mesh itself because we don't have to fight against the level backdrop, so we can give more accurate feedback.

Comment

Sorry about the lighting part here with image with more lighting.

I hope this help out. ^^;

Comment

while i think it needs to be bigger (like maybe 50 or 100%) i really like the overall design. looks very cool.

Comment

Thx ^^)>
                              Making it too big will make the player to kill the dropship faster. Plus the vehicle will not work out well that conflict over layer collision to slide off.

[UPDATE]
                              Dropship video:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsGz-61yPU

Comment

Working...
                              X