Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unrealed can't delete assets

Hi,
    I had this problem for a while. After I import something like materials or parts into Unrealed. If I rename the part, then Unrealed won't let me delete it later. It'll say it's in use and Object redirector something. Anyone else have that problem?

Yea, if usually for me, when I make a material that I decide I do not want to use anymore I simply delete all references to that material in my map. Basically if the material or mesh isn't used anywhere on the map, and UT3Ed is restarted or map is reloaded, the asset is not going to be there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
      Yea, if usually for me, when I make a material that I decide I do not want to use anymore I simply delete all references to that material in my map. Basically if the material or mesh isn't used anywhere on the map, and UT3Ed is restarted or map is reloaded, the asset is not going to be there anymore.
      How do you delete the reference? Do you do it manually or is there a quick way? Thanks

Comment

Well, if it is a mesh that I decided I did not want to use anymore, I Right click and select matching static mesh actors.
        If it is a material, right click on the surface with the material applied and select surfaces with matching texture (in the case of surfaces, I then apply the default material or whatever material I had intended to use in its stead.

I always do it manually if it's a particle effect (but usually what I do now is I usually group things that are similar together as I go along ) Grouping makes it easier to select things down the line.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X