Material editor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material editor help

I've not really used the material editor much but i've read through a few tut's and played around with it a bit but i just cant figure out how to combine materials to make one material for a custom teleporter like in gateway?? Basically i have my screen shot of where the teleporter leads you to and what i want to do is add the same effects/materials that are used for the teleporters in DM-Gateway which are M_DM_Gateway_Teleporter_parent and M_DM_Gateway_Teleporter_Destination which can be found in Envy_Level_effects_2. Could someone explain how to do it please, its been driving me nutts for days!!
    Thanks

I thought you had this worked out on this thread?

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...way+teleporter

Just open up the teleporters property and go to...

UTTeleporterCustomMesh > Mesh > and in the Render section click Material and just hit the green plus looking icon on the far right and select your material you want to add for your teleporter picture.

So what part are you having trouble with?

Let us know.

Comment

Yeah i know how to add a material to the teleporter but the problem im having is creating the material itself. I have a map pic screenshot and i want to add the gateway teleporter effects to the screenshot so all the materials are combined into one new material so then i can just add that new material to the teleporter. Thats the bit im having trouble with cuz i dont know much about the material editor. Its been driving me potty for days!!! I've added the screenshot material to the teleporter but it looks a bit dull without the funky orange effects and it looks more like a picture than a teleporter. So i just need to know how to add the funky gateway effects material to my screenshot material in the material editor?

Comment

Look at the Gateway Teleporter Parent Material. It has the "glow ring" and "mask". Simply use a pair of Alpha Masks with Multiply expressions, one for the ring effect and the other for the screenshot, and Add those together.
        You don't need to go as complex as the Gateway Material unless you want it to look exact. My Beta2 of DM-DG-Waterfalls is using a similar but simpler Material to the Gateway one.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
          Look at the Gateway Teleporter Parent Material. It has the "glow ring" and "mask". Simply use a pair of Alpha Masks with Multiply expressions, one for the ring effect and the other for the screenshot, and Add those together.
          You don't need to go as complex as the Gateway Material unless you want it to look exact. My Beta2 of DM-DG-Waterfalls is using a similar but simpler Material to the Gateway one.
          Thanks but how do i do that??

Comment

Working...
          X