Cascade: Invert Spawnpoint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cascade: Invert Spawnpoint?

I need a particle emitter that does not, as it does by default, spawn Particles in a single point and lets them get further away and radius go wider, but the Particles to spawn wide and be "sucked" into the single Point, so basically reverse the effect.
    If you could follow me, can any1 tell me how to do it?

What about a fluid drain?

Comment

Use an Initial Location module to set the area the particles can spawn within and then use a Point Attractor module to draw the particles to a specified location.

Comment

Could you give me a quick Example on how to use a Point attractor? My particles somehow dont get attracted by it (though I have AffectVelocity on)

Comment

Originally posted by Fraeger View Post
          Could you give me a quick Example on how to use a Point attractor? My particles somehow dont get attracted by it (though I have AffectVelocity on)
          Set radius for it, also check boxes to modify original velocity or so. and do not forget to set some force. 10-30 is best range.

To test it and get idea what does what: set attraction point in 0,0,0 (its where your emitter is in map). then set initial location somewhere above, like 1000 units above, and some (like 200) to the side. Set attraction point strength to 25. Initial particles velocity to some slow vector on XY, (no Z value). Then radius of attraction point to 2000 and allow it modify initial velocity.

Then watch them attracted.

Comment

Working...
          X