Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove default time limit in DM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove default time limit in DM ?

Does anyone know how to remove the default time limit for a DM map? my map is a story based map and takes longer than 20 min to complete. i dont want players to have to adjust the settings before they go in! is a dm map the best gametype for this? anyone have any ideas? thanks!

Time limit 0 gives infinite time...

Comment

but...HOW?

Thanks! But,how do i access the "time limit" to set it to 0? i know i can do that in the settings before playing the map, but i dont want players to have to do that before they play! i dont want people to HAVE to read the readme, yknow?

Comment

You probably can't. A non-DM map should use a custom game mode anyway.

Comment

thanks, ambershee! can i create a map WITHOUT a gametype? how would i find it once in game? is there a gametype with infinite time?

Comment

Maps must have a game type. With no game type there are no rules at all to govern how the game plays. Custom game modes can be added to the menus.

There is no game type with infinite time.

Comment

Yah... if you want a story map you really should make a new gametype for it.

Comment

will i be able to change the default time limit in my new gametype? do you, perchance have a link to a tutorial on creating a new gametype? Or is there a gametype with a default time longer than 20 min?

Comment

All games have the same default time limit, and rules belonging to those games. There are no new game mode tutorials. If you are a competent enough coder to be able to write a new game mode, then you wouldn't need a tutorial.

Comment

yeah, I'm not a coder, thats the thing. I was hoping someone could help! and if not wirte a whole new game mode, at least to help me tweak DM's time limit.

Comment

Working...
                    X