UT2D Mapping Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2D Mapping Q&A

Purpose: For those of us interested in mapping for the UT2D mod, I figured it would be nice to have a one thread with information on how to map for it.

Format: Feel free to post questions, tips, or "bugs" as it relates to the UT2D mod. I will consolidate any information in this original post to try and keep things organized.

Questions:

Tips:

Bugs?:
    1. Jump pads won't be built with the 64 unit spacing the mod requires.
    2. Weapons won't be dropped by players with the 64 unit spacing the mod requires.

Actually, in my map UT2D-Kargo, I find that the jump pads i have in work perfectly and bots use them quite often.

Comment

Question: Will melee attacks like swinging a dig be possible
      Question: Could the way you guys have got crouch to work here be implemented onto the ps3 under a different button (if so L3) because crouching works on ut2d! for the ps3 which is excellent, a small mutator Would be perfect to allow crouching when holding in L3 (we dont need 2 jump buttons)

Comment

L3? Pressing the left analogue?

Also, shouldn't you be able to change that in the button configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosnight View Post
          Actually, in my map UT2D-Kargo, I find that the jump pads i have in work perfectly and bots use them quite often.
          In an earlier build of UT2D-Rising Sun, the jump pads worked fine too. But when I place the UT2D blocking volumes in the proper place (using UT2D-Chaotic as a template), the editor refuses to build paths. I see this as a glitch, assuming I placed my volumes correctly.

I will check out your map in the editor and compare the two.

I checked it out and indeed they do work with one exception. They really only work correctly if you approach them from a specific direction. Is this a Jump Pad "glitch" or only when used in this mod.

I couldn't tell the difference between how I placed them and yours (you actually have 48 units between your blocking volume, which is less than mine!). If you would be so kind, could you check mine out? Download

This is the first beta version in which I had jump pads on both sides of the map. After reworking the path nodes, the bots can get up to the second level on the left side, but only higher end bots use the impact hammer to get up on the right side. I would like to encourage them to use the platform more.

Originally posted by TheDragonzord
          Question: Will melee attacks like swinging a dig be possible
          Question: Could the way you guys have got crouch to work here be implemented onto the ps3 under a different button (if so L3) because crouching works on ut2d! for the ps3 which is excellent, a small mutator Would be perfect to allow crouching when holding in L3 (we dont need 2 jump buttons).
          It seems these are mod related questions, which should be submitted in this thread.

Comment

does anyone know the original ini codes, from the ones you had to change? btw, great work everybody. UT2d Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by emscape2 View Post
              does anyone know the original ini codes, from the ones you had to change? btw, great work everybody. UT2d Rocks!
              First and foremost, you need to get UT2D into UnrealEd. To do this, first, make sure UnrealEd is closed, then open UTEditor.ini, and find the section that reads [ModPackages]. Add a line to it that reads:
              ModPackages=UT2D
              Another important thing is proper bot pathing. You need to modify UnrealEd to make bot paths based on the new jump height. Just open up UTEngine.ini, goto [UTEditor.UTUnrealEdEngine] and set ScoutClassName=UT2D.UT2DScout. Make sure you're under the UTEditor section.
              I think this is the info you are looking for? This was taken from this thread.

Keep in mind that there is a new version of the mop in beta stage and the thread can be found here. He has changed enough of the mod where the previous maps won't work with it and will have to be updated.

Comment

Working...
              X