Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KActors and Lights

Hi all,

is it possible to attach a Light to a KActor? If so how do I do it?

I was thinking in doing a map without light, just this actors with dynamic lights on them to give player a we gametype. Something like a huge map with some physical actors which you can move and adjust it's light as you please to spot the enemy!

Would apreciate all the help you can give, TY!

shade.pt

Sure, just create a PointLightMovable (or SpotLightMovable) and attach it to your KActor. Look in the light's properties under the "Attachment" category.

Hint: You'll need to use the "Lock Selected Actors?" button in order to set the light's "Base" field to be your KActor.

Comment

While it sounds like a cool idea, remember, you'll be excluding all the players with low end systems that play on low settings. No dynamic lights on low settings.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontAXL View Post
        While it sounds like a cool idea, remember, you'll be excluding all the players with low end systems that play on low settings. No dynamic lights on low settings.
        It is time to upgrade, recent prices for hardware are really low. This would be a problem for them if every single map required powerful system, as long as its only few maps they have nothing to complain about.

Shade you are not Epic and you do not need to sell your map, so as long as you keep balance and do not go over top with system requirements it is fine. I am aiming at decent fps (90-140) for my maps running on something like CoreDuo and GF8600. Also do not forget to setup different world details on decoration meshes for those not willing to upgrade.

Comment

It worked, and looks very nice!

Just have to work on a model that fits my needs...
          One more thing, can i apply the same method to a custom weapon? Maybe i'll do a flash light

TY for the help!

shade.pt

Comment

Hmm, not sure how you would get at the current weapon without some scripting, but you could attach a SpotLightMovable to the player using the Kismet "Attach to Actor" action and a Player variable as the target. You could even attach it to a particular bone on the character.

Comment

Working...
            X