Matinee Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matinee Problems...

Okay so I am fairly new to Matinee. I have done this exact same procedure in another one of my maps, but this time it does not work. Let me elaborate..

So I made a Water Mill type thing. I want it to rotate in the river. So I decided to animate it in the editor because I don't know how to import animations for Static Meshes. Anyway, I opened up Matinee, clicked on my Water Mill (which is an Interp Actor) after that I added a new group named it "Mill." After that I added a Movement Track with Four Keyframes. One in the beginning, and end in the same location, one in the middle which rotates it half way, and one RIGHT before the end that is a few degrees from the starting point. So I only need to rotate it in ONE Axis! The Y. I do that, but when I press play it totally goes crazy. Like it is turning in all kinds of directions. I can't make ANY sense of it! I only moved it in one axis! Why is it moving like this?! If anyone can help me and explain what I did wrong or how you would go about doing it, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

In the properties for the Movement Track, enable bUseQuatInterpolation. This causes the interpactor to use the shortest rotation to get to the desired orientation. I think it will solve your problem. This may mean you need to add more keys as rotating it 180 degrees in one key could result in the mover rotating wither direction to get there.

Comment

You could also set it to rotate within the Movement properties of the mesh itself if you only want it to rotate on 1 axis at a constant rate. You just need to set the phys type to Rotate, or Rotator maybe... Can't remember. Then just set the degrees/sec you want it to rotate under the rotation tab. Only tricky part is that you have to figure out which of the 3 rotation axis to set, but that's easy testing.

This would also free up some Kismet space, not sure how tidy you like that to be.

Comment

Thanks! I got it to work! I figured doing it in the properties is easier. Thanks alot!!

Comment

Working...
        X