He's coming, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's coming, but...

He's coming back to haunt the tournaments - and he's hungry....
    I'm trying to get the Deinonychus model I made for UT2004 into UT3. Oooh, once I get him super-detailed and normalmapped in zbrush...

But I need help. Most of the tutorials I've seen are for slapping a humanoid model onto the Epic humanoid skeletons. This guy has a totally custom skeleton, so that won't work. There's so much that I'm sure UT3 has in terms of it's requirements - setting it up with IK bones, making a ragdoll, and so on.

But I can't find tutorials on that stuff. They had a lot of start-to-finish tutorials for UT2004 related character creation with customized skeletons and all, but I can't find any yet for UT3 and it's editor. Can anyone point me out to some?

Also, has anyone converted the EPIC male and krall rigged models with their skeletons and whatnot into a format that can be opened or imported to Max8? I don't have max9, and the files won't open for me. I hate cluttering my hard drive and registry with programs that I'm not going to use, so I don't have blender or any progs that will open them. Are they available in a more compatible form anywhere else?

Any help here is appreciated. Epic's UDN site doesn't seem to have this stuff yet.

What? Over a week and no one's got ANY answers to these questions?
    This community used to be a lot more helpful.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slyrr View Post
      What? Over a week and no one's got ANY answers to these questions?
      This community used to be a lot more helpful.....
      <helpful>custom skeleton tutorial</helpful>

Comment

ohh, but that thing on the tutorial is slighty humanoid

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
          ohh, but that thing on the tutorial is slighty humanoid
          yes, but regardless of it's appearance, it is still a custom skeleton that relies on no pre-existing skeletal mesh info withing Ue3.

Comment

hey hey, just jk

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
              hey hey, just jk
              no problem: just clarifying.

Comment

Oh, my heart! I'll read it over - but alas - I use 3D max8.
                Is there a MAX version of this tutorial anywhere....? (sound of fingers crossing)

Comment

I would like this aswell.....i think they have a complete tutorial on making a playable character over at 3d-palace.com to download for free....but i dont get the video to play...something wrong with my codecs.....tried like 100 times with different stuff.

Comment

Where on 3D palace is this link? I'd like to try it out and see if it works for me...

Comment

you have to register at 3dpalace to get at the video,
                      first i suggest you grab the max 9/2008/2009 30 day demo so that you can at least load the ut3 files and export them back to max8.
                      basically they use a biped rig with an object alligned/constrained to each bone(watch the naming) these extra max objects/bones are then used to skin the mesh to the rig
                      when you have skinned the mesh you can import it into ut3 and create a physics asset as well as an animset which are then all linked to the model via code

Comment

sorry, but that is such an awesome model

Comment

slorpthegillman says: "I wrote a Maya to UT3 Tutorial"
                          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=686307
                          Still eagerly awaiting the return of Deinonychus ...

Comment

Awesome, I wish you good luck with this model!

Comment

Working...
                            X