My model is white. Mat. Problems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My model is white. Mat. Problems???

Imported a model ino UT3, while at the custom char. screen the textures are ok. But in-game it is just white. Changed the material of my model to another from UT3 and there is no problem. Been comparing both materials but i can't find out what is the diference. Any tips???

Thank You!!!!

What material are you using? Is it just 'Material', or is it 'MaterialInstantConstant'?

Comment

Just 'Material'... Am I doing wrong???

Comment

Yeah you need to use the other one. Check out geodavs tutorial: http://www.ut40k.planetunreal.gamespy.com

Click on 'UT3 tutorials' on the right hand side, then click on 'Material Setup in UT3-Ued'. Following that should sort your problem out.

Comment

Still model not working...

The only thing left is the texture, should i save it as 16bit, 24bit or 32 bit???

Comment

Do you have any white in your textures? Try adding a highly transparent grey layer on top.

Comment

Also make sure you import the texture into the right LODGroup, TEXTUREGROUP_Character for the actual texture map.

Comment

save your textures as 24bit or 32bit tga files

Comment

Sorry for disturbing you guys. What i've done: followed 100% the tutorial matticus posted. Now even my model doesn't load in-game. Instead the game loads IronGuard_MaleA. I guess i'm dumb!!! Can't be anything else, can't even follow a tutorial

Comment

Don't worry, you're not the first to have these problems, it's a learning process. Can you see the model in the editor, and play animations? Will it load up in UT3's character select screen? What does your UTCustomChar.ini code look like?

Comment

I can see the model in the editor, with textures and all, play the animations 100% with no problems. It also loads at the character select screen. Before i was using my own material, it loaded the model but it was white in-game. Now it doesn't load anything...

[UTGame.UTCustomChar_Data]
                      +Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="CubeTest.CUBEB ODY",PartID="CB",FamilyID="IRNF")
                      +Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="CubeTest.CUBEHE AD",PartID="CH",FamilyID="IRNF")
                      +Characters=(CharName="CUBE",Description="Custom Character",CharID="CUBE",Faction="IronGuard", PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character. UI_Portrait_Character_TwinSouls_Male_Head03>", CharData=(FamilyID="IRNF",HeadID="CH",TorsoID="CB" ,bHasLeftShoPad=false,bHasRightShoPad=false), AIData=(Jumpiness=-0))

this way...

Thank You guys!!!

Comment

Finnaly i found the devil. At the custom character screen i added some boots, waist and arms. And it worked... I knew i should have listened better to the tutorials.

Strangest thing is that first time i exported all wrong, without sockets, without the b_XXX_IK's(deleted them) and also with a custom skeleton(modified the proportion) i could see my character perfectly textured in-game. Just all weird but textured, just after i fixed all those problems it became white.

Thank you for all your help!!!!!!!!

Comment

You can also add the boots, arms and such right in you UTCustomChar.ini code, take a look at the ini file that comes with the game for some sample character codes.

Comment

Working...
                          X