• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just VCTF and WAR

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm going to bump this thread by asking another related question. Does the minimaps work with CTF or just VCTF and Warfare?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cr4zyB4st4rd, Nice tutorial it worked for me... thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay I'll give it a shot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I struggled with this as there are pretty much NO tutorials on how to create one.

First of all take a screenshot of your map from above, directly down. Then open this in a image editing program. Ideally place the map into a 1024x1024 sized document (i found that crashed the editor on import) so i used a 512x512 document.
    Then take your image, and make it greyscale/desaturate it what ever. I made mine greyscale then changed it to be a green colour. Next thing is to draw around the large important bits on the map, objects etc.

Here is the one used in my map.
    [screenshot]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5001/minimapcopysr1.jpg[/screenshot]

Then save it as a .tga or i think .bmp works. Import it into Unreal Ed using this method:

3. Import the minimap texture into your map package. Do not use a separate package for this.
    - Start UnrealEd.
    - Open your unpublished map file.
    - Import the minimap texture into your map, specify Package(Use your map package, has the same name as your map).
    - Set "CompressionNoAlpha" to True, set "CreateMaterial?" to True, set "Lighting Model" = MLM_Unlit, set "LODGroup" to TEXTUREGROUP_UI and set "RGB To Diffuse" to True.
    - After the texture is loaded, right-click on it in the Generic Browser and choose Texture Viewer and set the NeverStream property to True.
    - A new Material should be created in your map package's MapPic group. It will look like the default checkerboard texture in the Generic Browser.
    - Right-click and edit the material, move the Texture Sample device so that the material has changed and click on the left green check button to Apply Changes. The material should now look totally black in the Generic Browser, this is because it is unlit.
    - Apply the material to something in your map, that players won't see, a hidden surface, the back side of something, or create something and apply it to that.
    - Save your map.

Then go into
    -View>World Properties
    -World Info
    -MyMapInfo (If this area is blank click the Blue arrow)
    -Minimap
    Select the texture NOT material, the texture. In the Generic Browser, and click teh green arrow next to 'MapTexture'

Now Save and test. If it's not aligned, etc etc, then the only way i found of solving it was to, edit the texture and re-import, i never played with the other options, so i wouldn't know.

This info and a little more is all here - http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/minimap.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
    scoll down a ways in the first post of this thread for complete instructions:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...6#post25152296
    What section is it under

Leave a comment:

• replied
    scoll down a ways in the first post of this thread for complete instructions:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...6#post25152296

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally, I maxxed the Top Down view and turned off meshes, leaving only the BSP. Grabbed a screenshot, pasted it in to my paint package, and that was my template. Drew around the edges in a Vector layer, making that outline pretty bright, and picked out key buildings, then filled these outlines in a similar style to the retail maps.

Put it in game, set up the map size in WorldInfo, and tweak the map about 100 times until what you see on the map approximates where you're standing.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Minimap Help

Minimap Help

I need to know How to create a minimap for one of my maps I created. PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY HOW TO DO IT. Thank you
Working...
X