No announcement yet.

Buying 3DS Max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot for the responses. I think I'll start learning with the demo while I find a way to get my hands on a full version. Although I was starting to get to grips with Blender, I have such big plans for custom meshes that I'd rather be putting all that hard work into the best program I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
      Thanks a lot for the responses. I think I'll start learning with the demo while I find a way to get my hands on a full version. Although I was starting to get to grips with Blender, I have such big plans for custom meshes that I'd rather be putting all that hard work into the best program I can get.
      Good luck, hope you find some application that suits your taste/needs

-tJev

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
        Have a look at Fordy's Max5 to UEd tutorial. It is one of the better ones I have seen online, even though it is a bit dated now (Max 5 and UT2004). But a lot of the workflow is still similar.

My personal recommendation for serious game meshers and modellers is Max, but game studios are using mostly either Max or Maya.

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
        It's just kind of a pain to get Blender objects to skeletal mesh and animations as opposed to 3ds max's ActorX plugin, from what I've gathered online. I haven't used Max since Max 6, though.
        The basics and interface for Max 2008/2009 are still pretty much the same as Max 6, there is just a few changes and a pile more features added.

Comment

Working...
        X