Weird shadowing on mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird shadowing on mesh

This mesh refuses to light correctly. I've tried making it lightmapped - same problem, just more detailed - and disabling its shadows (and the adjacent piece's) - which makes its lighting flat and ugly and, worse, makes the piece of BSP it's sitting on brighter than the bits around it.

Anyone know what could be causing this or how I can get around it?

Hard to know without looking at it directly... but you have some rounded BSP there so there's a chance there could be a BSP error causing the shadow. Try moving the mesh somewhere else in the level or deleting that round brush and see if it lights correctly there. If it does, might want to check that your brushes are on the grid where possible, maybe reconstruct that brush with a few less sides or something, even make it semi-solid if necessary.

Comment

That shot is with the round brush replaced with a basic cube, because that's what I thought the problem was in the first place. Even with the brush it's on completely removed, though... same situation.

Comment

Make sure you didn't accidentally add it as a team static mesh, they don't light correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X