What the hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell?

So i just started learning the editor, and i noticed that many assets miss from the files.
    I mean, in one of the material tutorials i saw that a file was 10 MBs. I couldn't find the texture in the file so i checked it's size, which was ~300 KBs
    Can anyone explain to me what has happened?
    I bought the game, fine. But why the hell do these things miss?
    I checked my DVD again, everything is installed proplerly, the files on the DVD are 'cut', too.
    I don't want to create every texture that is missing from scratch...

The tutorials have things missing. Just use stuff from UT3 instead.

Comment

Most new people don't know to right click on the package and select "Fully Load"
      If that is not it, I am curious. What materials are missing? Can you post 1 or 2 of them?

Comment

eg. in FX_ExplosionTextures, i only have T_FX_NewExplosionFrames02_1024, while in the tutorial there are like 10 different things in this package.
        And yes, i have a habit of always using 'full loading'.

Comment

Are you sure you're viewing all the resource types?

Comment

Yup. I tried checking every asset type in the panel on the left (i know it's the same as checking the one on top, but i wanted to try it), with no results.

Comment

Well, looking at FXExplosionTextures, there is only one file in it. I don't really know what you're looking for.

Comment

Well i thought i'd follow the tutorials on the Bonus DVD step by step, and in the 6th material tutorial the said file contains about 10 different things, while on my end it's only one. That's what I'm talking about.
                Anyone know where i can find the full version of the files?

Comment

I'm doing the same and am stuck at the goo adding

There are a Lot of things missing from the Tutorials, Meshes & Materials.
                  I understand the reason is they used a beta of UT3 or something.

What annoys me is some people bought the deluxe version specifically to follow the Tutorials and learn the basics of Mapping. A lot of them will be having problems.

Epic have released 2 patches they really should have put these files back for these people. A bit pathetic of them to sell you a follow-along Tutorial that most people cant or will have significant problems.

Now you could say that the people learning should be able to easily overcome these issues, but thats not the point, or really true, I imagine there are many who get discouraged from mapping because they can't complete the Tutorial

Comment

Working...
                  X