Question about myLevel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about myLevel

If I recall correctly, UT3 replaces the myLevel package shortcut with the name of the actual map. Is that right?

So if I import a static mesh, instead of using myLevel as the package name, if my map is called CTF-Somemap I use CTF-Somemap as my package name?

If I'm doing this correctly, should I be getting a message each time I exit the editor warning me that I haven't saved the package?

correct, you should see your map package listed in the generic browser when you open the map if it has any kismet or lightmap data in it. The map and the map package are one in the same.

Comment

So if I save my map I just ignore any warning about the unsaved package?

Comment

That kind of depends on which packages the warnings are for. If you have custom packages where assets have been imported or changed, then you need to save them if you wish to preserve those changes. If you have modified a stock package in some manner, you don't want to save that ever. If the warning is about your map, then you should probably save it to make sure you don't lose your changes. Just read the message and make an informed decision based on what it is telling you needs to be saved.

Comment

UnrealEd will often prompt that a package is unsaved when it is located in the map package itself.
          This often occurs if you import content into the map file name package and create a new group, it will state that the group needs to be saved even after you have saved the map itself, and the group will look dirty in the generic browser (an asterisk beside it in the tree).
          You can safely disregard this assuming you did save the map itself before exiting.

Comment

If you do a save all, it saves your map as well as the package for your map.

Comment

Working...
            X