Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Sound question

Hey all,

Quick question, where do you assign the proper texture sound to a mat?

IE: If I have a carpet or tile in my level, how do I assign the proper carpet or tile sound to it?

because right now, it sounds like im walking on dirt when im on the carpet or tile.

Thanks

You have to assign a physical material to your material in the material editor.

There is a package called physical materials but it doesn't contain one for carpets.

Also I havn't worked out how to make your own physical materials yet.

So if some one knows feel free to post.

Comment

You have to assign a physical material to your material in the material editor.
      Done that, still doesn't work for me, I still get the default footstep sound, there must be more to this...

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
        Done that, still doesn't work for me, I still get the default footstep sound, there must be more to this...

I just tried it and the footsteps on glass sound very different to the footsteps on shallow water.

I assume you are assigning the material in the right place in the material editor where it says PhysMaterial.

Comment

Ah, my bad, the mesh I was working on had no collision set, I was using blocking volumes instead... so yep it works fine : )

Comment

Working...
          X