Help my door trigers crash New debug prob fixed one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help my door trigers crash New debug prob fixed one

My door trigers cause my level to crash. the debug message says. IT ONLY CRASHES WHEN A BOT USES THE TRIger
    Begin Object Class=SeqVar_Int Name=SeqVar_Int_1 Archetype=SeqVar_Int'Engine.Default__SeqVar_Int'
    IntValue=1
    ObjInstanceVersion=1
    ParentSequence=Sequence'2nd_exit_room_door'
    ObjPosX=559
    ObjPosY=784
    DrawWidth=32
    DrawHeight=32
    Name="SeqVar_Int_1"
    ObjectArchetype=SeqVar_Int'Engine.Default__SeqVar_ Int'
    End Object
    And it only crashes when a bot uses it here is a pic of my kismet for the doors.

help any one????

Comment

The error references the DoorMarker. I don't think it is your Kismet. Perhaps you have set the DoorMarker actors up incorrectly.

Comment

i set them up the way it says to humm here is a pic of how there set up door triger is my triger for the door and my door is the mover

Comment

OT. The shot tags are less scary.

e.g. {SHOT}http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/z/zedd108/126611/metahyzwtm.jpg{/SHOT}

But use [ ] in place of { }

[SHOT]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/z/zedd108/126611/metahyzwtm.jpg[/SHOT]

Comment

it has to be touch and when they use it no mater how i set it up it crashes why oh why!

Comment

That is the problem with the door marker. It only tells the bots if it's a touch trigger or a shoot trigger. There is no option for a used trigger.
              I tested this out myself on a grey map. I set up two doors, one with a used trigger and the other with a trigger volume. The bots only went through the door that had the trigger volume.

The PIE didn't crash on me though, the bots just did not go through the door. So in that sense, I don't know what is causing your crash, though it may be related.

This may just be an engine limitation. But that is just AFAIK.

Comment

you set teh triget then tell the door marker to teh triger and bam they will use it but it crashes when they do maby becauseof how i have my ksmit i dont know

Comment

bump please please some one help

Comment

shameless bump....

This man needs some help so he can continue his work on this fantastic map.

Comment

Question: Are all your doors Triggered by a Used event, or just this one door?

** EDIT **

Again, I still think this is an engine limitation.

I tried different variations for a door in a grey map.
                      The door marker only has options to tell the bot if the trigger for the door is either a Shoot or Touch trigger. There is nothing for a Used trigger.
                      If you had found a way to force your bots to recognize it as a Used trigger that may be what is causing the crash.

When I set a Used trigger in my grey map, it didn't crash for me only bots couldn't use the door. But when I set a trigger touch, even when I put the trigger on the other side of the map, they go there to trigger the door and come back through it. Same thing with a shoot command, the bots know to shoot at the door to open it. So, I think you may have to change your door's trigger to either a shoot or touch trigger. I don't know what else to tell you. I do hope someone can help you, however. Good Luck.

Comment

I made a tigger told the door path the triger turned it to touch and set the kmist to used. Humm this is not good epic needs to fix this!

Comment

You can't do that.
                          If you tell the door marker it's a touch door, set the trigger to a touch trigger. Same for shoot.

Comment

did but now it crashes because of DoorMarker Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

Comment

Some one want to do my doors?

Comment

Working...
                              X