Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importin Gears Of War Static Mashes & Mats into UT3 !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importin Gears Of War Static Mashes & Mats into UT3 !?

hi,

I need some GOW packages to use them in UT3. I ve already heard that maya is need.

R there any Tutorials for this?

plz help

Learn to write first, UED can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
      Learn to write first, UED can wait.
      what the hell are you doing? you cant recommend that everybody can speak engish perfectly! Perhaps he isnt a british or american.
      also please more respect and tolleranz.

Comment

Hurrrm, I need this aswell but i havent tried yet. Since i dont wanna go buy gears just for the static meshes. You can export meshed from the generic browser right, try that and open the files with Maya and export them from there to an ASE file.

Now you go to Unreal and crate a new level and a new package, here you import the new ASE file you just crated. that would be my guess. Im a max user so this dosnt really help me since i dont know if max reads the format that gets exported from Gears.

Comment

hmmm
          sounds easy

well thx

Comment

If you get them working, would you mind sharing?!?

-EJon

Comment

I doubt Epic will look kindly on you using assets from GOW. They've only given us permission to take content from the Unreal series.

Comment

Originally posted by KamilR View Post
                hi,

I need some GOW packages to use them in UT3. I ve already heard that maya is need.

R there any Tutorials for this?

plz help
                http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm It will help you

Comment

Originally posted by UX_Loki View Post
                  thx n1
                  i hope itll work with the john woo game too.
                  i want to mix a newworld asian scenario with the ut3 classical asian theme

but first a mix of gow street scenario with ut3 streets

^^it dont think epic will harm me for this, they would rather respect the idee and work

Comment

Originally posted by KamilR View Post
                    ^^it dont think epic will harm me for this, they would rather respect the idee and work
                    You are not allowed to do this, plain and simple, so I wouldn't waste the time attempting to convert anything. If you want to do it for personal use, fine, but you can't share any of it with anyone else.
                    Epic has every right to, and will, inform you to pull down anything you make in UT3 using GoW content.
                    You also cannot post anything you do onto any of the download sites (FilePlanet, etc.) as their 'terms of use' strictly stipulate that you must have the rights to anything you post there, and you won't have the right to UT3 files with GoW content.

Comment

That's not true ... if they don't have a problem with people importing Gears characters in UT3 then why would they have a problem with any of the assets? And if they had a problem with the characters the threads would have been closed by now ... the mods are good at that. Heck Flak even posted to the Marcus Fenix only saying to put the release info in the correct format.

Comment

Yes, it is true.
                        Epic posted a format consent release allowing for use of assets between all of the Unreal Universe games.
                        Until they do the same thing stating that you can use GoW content, you cannot use it. And I have not seen any such posting by Epic. If you can show me a post, then I will agree.

Where did they post consent to use GoW characters in UT3?

Comment

Well like I said man that is your interpretation and I respect you but you shouldn't be a spoil sport just because its what you think. Like I said if Epic is allowing people to post Gears of War Models for UT3 here on the official boards and not closing the threads or saying to the mod author to stop (he had already done Marcus Fenix and he just completed all the other COGs) then I wouldn't be afraid to use other assets, but that's just me.

Now that is all I am saying and I am not going to get into a long debate. If you want to believe that and not use the assets yourself that is fine but to tell others not to ... well that's not your call to make that is Epics and if Epic wants them to cease they will inform them ... if fact the thread would get closed like anyother thread and more than likely Jeff would post something saying Epic frowns upon the practice. Anyway I'm out ... off to enjoy playing with my Gears characters. Hope to see some new levels from you soon DG.

Comment

See this thread link.
                            Regarding GoW and UT3. Epic stated no porting between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
                              Yes, it is true.
                              Epic posted a format consent release allowing for use of assets between all of the Unreal Universe games.
                              Until they do the same thing stating that you can use GoW content, you cannot use it. And I have not seen any such posting by Epic. If you can show me a post, then I will agree.

Where did they post consent to use GoW characters in UT3?
                              "Epic Games" should tell to us, that they against.

Comment

Working...
                              X