Custom StaticMeshes, Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom StaticMeshes, Help Needed

I got some custom StaticMeshes for my map, but the problem i have is that although i set the collision to: "BloackAll" I can still walk through it... Anybody please help...

Does the custom Static Mesh have a collision mesh to go with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
      Does the custom Static Mesh have a collision mesh to go with it?
      uhm... If i shoot at the object it stop, like rockets, if I shoot it the rocket explodes on impact... so there must be, or i can just put a blocking volume around the meshes...

Comment

Nah, all static meshes will block projectiles unless the collision is turned off for it, regardless of whether or not there is a collision mesh.

I wouldn't recommend a blocking volume, but....

If you shape your builder brush (Using geometry edit mode) roughly where you would like the collision to be, you can select the Mesh, Then also the builder brush (placed properly on the mesh) and right-click the brush... Go to "Save Brush as Collision"

Ta-da... All matching meshes will also have the same collision, scaled respectively.

That saves you time and resources... (lots of little blocking volumes absolutely KILLS FPS)

Comment

If you made custom static meshes why don't you just make a collision mesh for them? OR did you get them from somewhere else. If you could provide the models I could probably make their collision models for you.

Comment

why the hell do you need extra collision models from what he said there is one for projectiles but its obviously got issues i also noticed a mesh behind a jump pad on war-Onyx Coast does the same thing

Comment

If you made the mesh in Max then all you have to do is name the mesh and then clone that mesh as a copy and rename that copy to UCX_ + the name of your original mesh and export as normal. You could even create a lower poly collision model for you mesh using this technique as well. Another method would be to open up the mesh properties in the editor and uncheck "UseSimpleBoxCollision", "UseSimpleLineCollision" and "UseSimpleRigidBodyCollision" or use the Collision tool in the meshes properties.

Comment

Working...
              X