UnrealEd not building directional Lighting?? [SOLVED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealEd not building directional Lighting?? [SOLVED]

OK so before using UnrealEd i have built directional lighting, today i put one in a Warfare map, and before a build it shows the preview, after a build there is no light. So i tried copying a directional light from another retail map (Suspense), and it didn't work.
    After looking though Torlan and Avalanche i couldn't see Directional lights, Which makes me wonder if something stops directional lights being build in WAR maps?

Edit. Found my problem.

I had a bunch of rain cube meshes, with a snow texture, each one of those meshes was casting shadows and so on, after removing that my directional lighting works a treat.

Thanks to those that helped anyway.

If you are using a sky sphere make sure that bCastShadows is unchecked.

Comment

I had a dome, which originally seemed to be doing it, but now if i want a directional light (no sky dome etc) i can only have a default one pointing down. If i rotate it, to simulate sun at a low angle, it refuses to build again.

Comment

What all is in the map? ie. Terrain, CSG, StaticMeshes.
        If you create a new map with just a CSG cube brush and a directional light does it work?

Comment

Its mainly Terrain with some static meshes of rocks on. No BSP brushes etc.

And yes if i do a new WAR-Map with directional lighting with just a cube it seems to work.

Comment

Check that the all the map elements as well as the light are in the same lighting channels

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
              ....to simulate sun at a low angle...
              How low? and how high up are the outer edges of the map and any object that could be casting shadows?

I had a similar issue like this on a map, the directional light was just at too drastic of an angle and the hill at the edge of my terrain ended up casting a shadow across the entire terrain.

Comment

Edit. Found my problem.

I had a bunch of rain cube meshes, with a snow texture, each one of those meshes was casting shadows and so on, after removing that my directional lighting works a treat.

Thanks to those that helped anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X