Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with the Editor...

hi guys!
    I have some problems with my unreal Editor for unreal tournament 3.
    -Some of my lift (2 movers) don't go at the end position but return at the first position like if there is collision (but there is not ) , it's not very cool if you want to go to the next floor...
    -When I cook a map and run it with the game UT3, Some of my materials have disappear and become the original material (tile white and grey ).
    -When I cook a map the .ini file is not created, (but i pick it from an other map and it works).
    Thank you.
    drake

1. You may have your Kismet sequence incorrect.

2. Did you create all new Materials in your map package? In other words, did you choose the map name (eg. DM-MyMap) for the package. If you don't put custom Materials into the map package, they will not be there when you run the map. Optionally you can use a new custom external package but I strongly advise against that.

3. That is normal. See this link.

Comment

thank you for your anwser.
      1.It seems to be good . one lift is simple : it just goes up but not at tht top.
      2.The thing is I only use the original materials.it's the epic games package .so i don't understand why.
      3.thx

Comment

1. Is your Kismet time long enough for the lift to reach the top and stay there for x seconds?
        2. Stock Materials should always be available. What is one of the example Materials that doesn't show up?

Comment

hi.
          1. yeah, my Kismet time is good, the lift goes the good way when i run it in the editor, but in the game, it doesn't work.

2.the packageof the Materials which doesnt show up are un_liquid(2) and lt_floor.

you can look at my map at :
          http://membres.lycos.fr/drakeslayer/...maps%7cfolder/
          and pick dm-ithaque.zip
          the lift are the one near the reedemer, at the end of the bridge, the second one is a lift near the invisibility at the second floor. The materials are the ocean surface, a floor on the roof, and the materials of the statics meshes at the bottom of th map.

Comment

I have found one solution of a problem
            when a matinee during more than 4 seconds, it rewinds.
            it's so strange.
            someone has a idea.?

Comment

I have done a minute and a half matinee sequence before so I don't think that is a problem.
              I've even seen longer.

Comment

yeah, i know that, .it's why it's strange.i don't really know what happened on my map.

Comment

if I change the time of an other matinee(one which works), an i put more than 4 seconds, the move will be reset at the 4th second.
                  Maybe a bug in the unreal Editor for ut3. I know there are good (Senior) mappers in this forum perhaps one of them know that problem and could give me some tips.
                  Thanks a lot for the other mappers who help me

Comment

I think something has gotten messed up in your map or something. I deleted one of the matinee sequences and recreated it and it seemed to work fine. You might try recreating all the matinee sequences that are giving you problems and see if they work afterwards.

Comment

hi !!
                      -I have restart a new map : just a cube and a mover. link:
                      the matinee of the mover is during more than 4 or 5 second, but the mover return at the original position at the 4th second of the matinee.
                      I do not understand why.

-I have made a big copy/paste of my map (dm-thaque) (except the lifts) in a new map.when I publish and run it , it doesn't works any more.
                      I don't know what i have to do without forget this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X