Bot AI Pathing & Kismet Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bot AI Pathing & Kismet Woes

I've been able to work out most of the conventional pathing issues with my map on my own but due to the nature of my map there are a few things that I haven't been able to fix.
    1) In a small section of the map, bots have to traverse over lava to reach a powerup. I need them to use their hoverboards while over the lava. There is a kismet action to use hoverboards but I haven't been able to get it working.
    I also need to keep non-hover vehicles out of the lava. Bots like to drive the leviathan right into it.
    2) There is a ramp meant for scorpions to jump the lava and I need the bots to fire their booster rockets to make the jump. Again there is a kismet action to fire boosters but my attempts have only made the player (my) booster rockets fire and not the bots. I'm not exactly sure what the correct targets or instigators should be for the bots. Again, I need to keep other vehicles from taking the path as the bots tend to try and make the jump with the goliath more than scorpions.
    3) More AI woes with vehicles. Bots like to enter vehicles, drive about 10 feet, then exit the vehicles and more times than not they end up blocking off the path for the rest of the team. Problems like these have made me repath my entire map from scratch but the retarded AI behavior with vehicles still remain.
    Any help at all towards solving these issues would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

How do you have your bots move the vehicles I cant seem to get this working?

Comment

I also am looking for an answer to your third question. I'm afraid I'm no help however in providing answers.

Comment

Working...
      X