Light cones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light cones

I was looking at CTF-Strident and was just wondering how the atmospheric light cone effect was done because i couldnt see any light cones around the lights? Is there another way to achieve this effect?

You can find the volume light cone static mesh in the UN_volumetrics package.

Comment

There's some in LT_Lights too. The default materials on them are usually too opaque, but there are materials and material instance constants in the aforementioned packages with different colours and brightnesses.

One thing I still haven't found yet is the light beams. Look at the windows on the far side of deck for one example (between the sniper and Flak), where you haven't got cones but rather these neat shafts of light coming through them. Does anyone have any idea how I can replicate that? In the editor they're only visible in game mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post

One thing I still haven't found yet is the light beams. Look at the windows on the far side of deck for one example (between the sniper and Flak), where you haven't got cones but rather these neat shafts of light coming through them. Does anyone have any idea how I can replicate that? In the editor they're only visible in game mode.
        Is that whats been used in strident because i couldnt see any light cones, just the light effect? I'll have to take a look at deck too. Just curious because i've used light cones before but they've done something different with it on strident?

Comment

They are all just materials stuck onto a plain or mesh.
          Just need textures plugged into the emitting part and the transparency part in the material editor.
          Using it is the easy part, but tweaking to get materials looking how u want is the hard part!

Comment

Working...
          X