Problems importing textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems importing textures

I've been trying to import custom textures to re-create my Whack-A-Mole map for UT3. I've tried everything I can think of and even followed Hournces tutorial but every time I import the texture the yellow and while parts of the texture either turn black or transparent. This is one of the textures I'm trying to import.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

please give more info what format are the original files your trying to inport, also please make sure you set proper material settings

Comment

The original file is a bmp. I've tried various settings when importing with the same results. According to Hauraces tutorial all you have to do is import like UT'04 then make the material. I tried that but the same thing happens every time.

Comment

Assuming you've adhered to power of two dimensions etc and not ticked any of the boxes under the material import dialogue it shouldn't be a problem. Is blending set to Opaque? Does your texture have an alpha channel/32bit?

Comment

The image I posted is the actual image I'm trying to import. Its 1024x512 no alpha channels bmp. I set the blending to opaque but it still comes out the same. Save the image I posted and see if it imports right for you.

Comment

Ok I think I got it figured out. When I exported the images from the original '04 maps they were indexed color so I had to go back into PhotoShop and change them back to RGB. THanks for your help everyone!

Comment

Working...
            X