Kismet, Get Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet, Get Distance

Well i know how to work the get distance command, however when adding variables to target A and B i want them to alter.

I want to track the distance from one target to the other. However the targets (Meshes) appear at random sequences.

E.g.

Mesh 1 when hit causes Mesh 4 to play etc

Scenario 2

Mesh 5 plays, when hit causes Mesh 8 to play

So i have a problem as the values of A and B are always changing, so i cannot simply link all the meshes to A and B. Anyone have any idea how i would track the distance for somethin like this?

The way I would do it is to use Named Variables. You link one variable to the A input and set its VarName to Target1 and link another variable to the B input and set its VarName to Target2. Then you can use a Set Variable action with a NamedVariable that has its FindVarName set to Target1 connected to the Target input to set the value of the Target1 variable anywhere in your sequence. Something like this:

The values of the original variable and all Named Variables with the same name will update with the new value automatically. It's a great way to keep things organized and makes it easy to do what you want to do.

Comment

Thanks for your help, il try this out now

Comment

Working...
      X