Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how exactly do we model/make new assets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ive been looking for what must be close to 45 minutes now and i can't seem to find a download for Maya 7 ple

anyone know a download link?

i don't know why autodesk doesn't like to offer they're older versions. they're one of the few companies ive ever heard of that, as soon as a new version comes out, they act like the other one never exsisted

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Perhaps I should have clarified my post.

Sorry, I meant the "PLE Plugin".
    The PLE Plugin is essentially the same thing as ActorX, being a subset code base, however it is tied into UT2004.
    From UDN: "they provide a user-friendly alternative to a subset of the ActorX plugin functionality".

The PLE method into UT3 is a bit more involved than into UT2004, since there is currently no PLE UT3 plugin.
    You can either run PLE without the plugin and use something like OGLE to get the mesh.
    Or with the plugin you require UT2004 installed as well, export the model/mesh to UT2004, then pull it out of the package.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
    You can also use Maya PLE which is free.
    You will require version 7 to be able to use the ActorX plugin. There are copies of PLE7 floating around and the plugin is available on Epic's UDN site.
    How do you use ActorX with Maya PLE? That shouldn't be possible. The PLE has its own plugin. If that's what you mean, then how do you get that to work with UT3?

Just curiosity on my part.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can also use Maya PLE which is free.
    You will require version 7 to be able to use the last PLE plugin. There are copies of PLE7 floating around and the plugin is available on Epic's UDN site.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually, there is a PSK/PSA exporter out there by darknet for Blender, but you have to be pretty exacting (particularly in weight painting) or you will get some weird errors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Blender works quite well for making static meshes. However, export support for character models is still a work in progress, AFAIK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    XSI Mod Tool & ActorX?
    never heard of xsi before you said something. its specatacular.....i feel stupid now.

.......DISTRACTION!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    XSI Mod Tool & ActorX?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic So how exactly do we model/make new assets?

So how exactly do we model/make new assets?

Im talking about without piracy or spending a grand

ive been trying to get some gear models into this game forever. at first i found a bunch of em only to find that i can't open half of em even with blender.

then i decide to try and make my own again. i got into maya 8.5 PLE and make one i ithnk looks alright. come to find out the ActorX plugin doesn't work with PLE and it can only export to some obscure .fbl format. on top of that, if i wanted to try and use 3DS max, it only lasts 30 days

So how on earth do people get new assets into this game with dropping a grand or stealing it? is it even possible becasue all i can seem to find is frustration
Working...
X