Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hi guys need a little bit of help here, I'm currently making a map, but the heal damage UT node in kismet is getting up my nose. I've put a player variable on the target and an Int of 5 on the amount, but when my player enters the trigger volume that i'm using to initiate the healing nothing happens. I've output the nodes comment to the screen and it shows, what have i missed?

This setup will give the player in the volume 10 health every second.

[SHOT]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/ZooT32/heal.jpg[/SHOT]

Because the trigger volume only checks for a touch without the delay you will only get 10 health each time you touch the volume.

The trigger volume has MaxTriggerCount set to 0 so it can be used more than once.

The "???" is an object variable.

The delay is set to 1 second and start and finished are connected so it loops.

When the player enters the trigger volume the delay loop starts and they get 10 health per second. When they leave the trigger volume the delay loop is stopped.

The heal damage has the setting bSuperHeal that you can check if you want the players health to go up to 199.

Comment

Do you know of a way to do this with ammo?

Comment

You want ammo to heal the player?
        Or do you want to heal the ammo?

I'm going to guess neither, and that you want to add more ammo to the player.
        I think you'll have to use SeqAct_GiveInventory, and create a list of weapon ammo types to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Malachor View Post
          You want ammo to heal the player?
          Or do you want to heal the ammo?
          haha...I needed that laugh. Good one.

so that's a slick sequence, and seems that I've seen a posting on this recently where I considered this question: suppose you're playing online where there's a strong possibility of multiple people entering the volume, what happens when the 1st person has entered the volume, and a 2nd person enters the volume? now what happens when the 1st person leaves the volume?

hoping that each player gets the health they should, but just wondering how the game actually handles kismet code like this.

Comment

Working...
          X