Filename for Singleplayer levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filename for Singleplayer levels

Ok I just have a quick question, how do you name a single player level.

When I play my level through the editor I recieve no ai. I experienced this same issue when I was making a level prior, the issue was the map did not have "dm-" infront of the filename, and the same sort of issue here.

So if anyone knows what to put infron i tried using sp- and not having anything in front of the map name but it does not work.

singleplayer levels and multiplayer levels are the same thing just name it dm-yourmapname

Comment

go to view\ world properties in the editor you set gametype there, by default it should be deathmatch but yerh make sure you put dm- in front like prev poster said. Only difference between single player and multiplayer is whether the level has bot pathing. Bots are encouraged to wander around by pickups the same things that motivate players but to link them up you need pathnodes where there are not items to make the bots move thru the map properly, pathnodes are under the right click actor menu and should be placed not too close together but not more than 1000uu apart (dont worry too much editor will tell you after a build any that are too close). You dont need them where you have items as bots regain their motivation to move around. Hope that helps and good luck

Comment

Thanks guys, so im still on the right track. Well im going to be doing a lot of work in kismet it seems. Ive decided to not use forcedeatmatch, so my bots are pretty much dumb and dont go anywhere, so I am making those scripts from scratch.

Ive learned a lot in the past few days, i just started using U3 editor on monday night, but its coming along well, i just have a map full of static meshes and pathnodes, ive already nailed down static meshes, so the rest is Ai for me.

When i get my scripts finished I will post some tutorials, that way others who don't have any idea how to use kismet for Ai can save themselves a bit of trouble.

I hope i can get them up for you guys. If anything they will be word docs hosted on skydrive. Good luck with your level design and mods everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X