Making the Map_lok.int.upk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the Map_lok.int.upk?

Sorry if this in a sticky some where but after I am done creating my level how do I go about creating the Level_LOC_int.upk and level.ini.

I can make the level.ini pretty easy in notepad but the LOC.int.upk im not sure how to do this?

Can someone do a step by step for me to make this file?

DG u around?

you will get this pack when necessary in a cook in your published folder along with your map file. If you dont have emitters or custom textures or the like you wont generate a LOC_int.upk coz your level does not require it. ini is easily created by firing up UT3 game and playing your map, exit UT3 and hey presto ini file will be there with your mapfile (and LOC_int.upk if you have one) This is an important step before handing map to others so they can play it. Simpler levels dont create a LOC-int.upk coz they dont need them. Hope that helps

Comment

Yes I know it is important and am not sure if just the level.ini is all that is needed for the level to be viewed in the menu and chosen and also seen in web admin and also pushed from server to client.

If my level is basic without emitters or custom content like textures meshes and music then I guess the Level.ini and the Level.ut3 will be all thats needed in the zip for download.

Ok then can you point me to the cook process or just tell me how to do this real quick?

Comment

sure mate but i gotta cash my chips next, lol i work nights. okay uder file tools etc. (top left) is a row of icons the very last one to the right in this row is cook. build all. save and then hit this button. Apparently the button dissapears on lower resolutions which is a bit sucky so if u cant find it up your res if you can. looks like a poxy lil orange fire with an arrow. I dont know about editing ini's yet im sorry but it will be playable out the box with the standard ini. just wont have all the things in it. Is a fair bit you can set under "view" "world properties" you can put mapname etc in here prob good idea before you save/cook. This thread may help you too. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590932 Ill try and check on your progress later today after i sleep, if anyone cant help you with anything else you get stuck on good luck mate

Comment

Working...
        X