Jumpad path node problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    In my experiences the higher the jump the shorter the jump time. That's how I leanred.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hm yea I kinda tried that method, but no jump time seemed to make it work.
    I move the path node jump 50 units away so its over the edge and it works sending you the height i wanted too.
    It's not a big deal as I can get around it, just annoying

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think you just need to tweak the jump time. In my experience the "jump cannot be made" message doesn't come from obstacles blocking the path (most jump pads in existing maps don't have direct line of sight to their targets), but rather the jump pad not having enough power to propel you all the way to the target node.

Jump time is a little tricky. Sometimes lowering it gives you a higher jump, and sometimes raising it does. It's best just to leave your target where it's supposed to be and mess with the jump time until something works. Once you've got them to connect you can do some fine-tuning by hitting the P key to see the paths, then changing the value to alter the line without having to rebuild each time - though a final rebuild is probably necessary once you've got the trajectory where you want it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Jumpad path node problems

Jumpad path node problems

I've been putting up with this for a while but there must be a way around it.
    For a jumppad with any decent height to it (near verticle), the pathnode on the floor above will not work, it will say the jump can't be made and wont link them as there is no direct line of sight between the pad and the path node.
    If you leave it hanging over the edge, you will make the jump, but bots wont.

So I have to move the node out so it's hanging over the edge, build paths, then move it back onto the ledge to alter the trajectory (no rebuild this time or it messes it up again!).

Any way of making it NOT rebuild those paths?
Working...
X