Random emitter failures after cooking map, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random emitter failures after cooking map, please help

Hi all, I am having a problem in my level with 16 emitters, after cooking my map, some of them will work and others will not, seemingly in a random fashion as each cook, I have different emitters fail. I have tried removing shadow properties of the bulbs and a stick that are near emitters, yet I am still having this trouble. Do I need to link my emitters up to a level start somehow in kismet? Ive been watching the particle tuts, but cant seem to find anything to this effect. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me.

they should, really, be running on level start automatically...

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
      they should, really, be running on level start automatically...
      Yeah thanks I found that in another thread and made sure they were all set to bautostart still having the problem though, thanks for telling me im barking up the wrong tree though

Comment

I am also getting a message about an "ambiguos package" referring to the levels package which somehow ive ended up with saved in 3 places, its in published/custom maps, unpublished/ custom maps and published/environments could this have something to do with it?

Comment

Im still stuck with this, if anyone has any ideas, please

Comment

I am having the same issue and dont have a solution> multiple smoke emitters which seem to work fine in editor when the real time(joystick thingy) button is on but when I do play from here or play the cooked map they fail.....

Comment

I've had a similar issue. If you didn't have the editor create LOD's, then it won't have a lowest LOD in some cases, therefore it will do nothing since the lowest LOD distance is 0 by default. Problem is when I let the editor "Generate Lowest LOD" then it always functions at the lowest LOD no matter how close to it I am or what I set the distances for LODs at.

Dunno if that helps at all....

Comment

thank you sanchez and shademistress, yes it helps hugely as im a n00b mapper and keep on thinking ive done something wrong. Ive watched the particle tuts over and over hoping to find the silly little thing ive missed. Hmmmm maybe someone should put this in the pc patch request lol. Problem is with 16 of the little beggars its hard to get a cook where they all work, guess ill just have to keep on plodding away. Least I wont drive myself crazy chasing myself round in circles with doubts now, thanks. Dont think ill be releasing many more betas with this issue lol, Just mess around when im completely happy get them all working and call it a final lol, this doesnt leave me with many other options.
                Thank you for the texture pack shademistress i downloaded it last night and will definitely be having a look
                [EDIT] If I do happen to stumble across a solution i will certainly post my findings for others
                [2nd EDIT] In my case it is 16 instances of the one emitter, Im wondering if that is the problem, large banks of the one design, wondering if I save it as 4 diff things flametorcha flametorchb flametorchc flametorchd and use 4 of each sort whether that would work rather than 16x the one emitter, but then I can see no reason why 16 copies of the one would fail, they all have unique identities as emitter1 emitter2 etc anyhow.....

Comment

I put it in patch request too

Comment

Ive got a working version now, I played from editor and kept on stopping at broken ones and fixing them, then play from editor. once they were all working from "play from here" in editor, i cooked it without saving (was only tinkering changes with them anyhow lol) and then saved it once cooked. I had found everything changed post save in the past thats why i tried it this way. They all work in cooked copy thanks so much guys

Comment

Working...
                    X