Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help... particles visible through solid objects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help... particles visible through solid objects.

Hello, the issue I am having is one with particles forcing there way into the foreground (despite how there are objects blocking the particles from the camera). Specifically, what I am doing is creating jets underneath a dropship; it looks great when you look at it from the bottom, but if viewed from above the dropship you will see the jets through the wings of the ship.... this is unacceptable if I plan to complete this project. Please help me figure out a way to remove the drawing priority of these particles -Phen

Would you include a pic? if at all possible.

Heres some things to check.

- if the particles are visible through the wing of the ship from the emitter you might change the emitter radius.

- if the particles are curving up and going through the wing, that would be the velocity of the particles that need changed.

Comment

If it is actually a sorting issue you are seeing, then check the depthgroup property in the emitter actor to make sure it is not set to foreground or something. Also you could check the sort order property in the emitter, perhaps it is set to something wierd.

beyond that it could be the material, blend_translucent often has sorting issues, so you could try additive blending instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivionbringa View Post
        If it is actually a sorting issue you are seeing, then check the depthgroup property in the emitter actor to make sure it is not set to foreground or something. Also you could check the sort order property in the emitter, perhaps it is set to something wierd.

beyond that it could be the material, blend_translucent often has sorting issues, so you could try additive blending instead.
        Thank you I will give that a try. And I really cant provide a screenshot due to non-disclosure agreements. The issue is not one where the particles physicaly move through static/dynamic objects, the problem is that the particles are visible through objects even though they are being projected/emitted behind static/dynamic objects.

Comment

Working...
        X