Creating Character Models(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Character Models(?)

I'm new to modding things, and I just saw a kickass spawn model. I was wondering... How do you cook the .upk file to make a .jam file for the PS3, and/or, where do they get the textures for these models, and how do you physically go about creating the model to work in game? A detailed outline would be nice if its not too much trouble for anyone.

I wish I knew. I have the collectors editon and I was hoping the bonus content would included video tutorials on how to properly import custom player models to UT3. Alas, the videos tell you only about custom LEVEL creation and static map models, and do not cover custom player models in any way I could find.

The UDN website link to custom character creation takes you to a block of text that reads only 'COMING SOON'. And the sample models they provided (of the Krall, human male and human female players for 3Ds Max) will only work for MAX9 users. Max8 users seem to have been skunked.

I keep checking the UDN page, hoping to see an update - so far no luck...

Comment

check my sig... on the list of tutorials there are a couple references for this

Comment

nice link there *-_-* got all the links you need

Comment

Alas, these tutorials are dependent on use of the models posted at the UDN website - the 'sample' models I mentioned above. The models which depend on having Max9 or higher to even open them. I have Max8. Unless EPIC posts a max8 version of these sample models, I won't be able to use the skeletons as a template. And the tutorial says you need to use those skeleteons...

Plus, it says nothing about models that would need a CUSTOM skeleton. I wanted to port my UT2004 Deinonychus (Velociraptor) model over to UT3. It doesn't conform to the skeletal structure that the epic sample models use....

Any tutorials like that?

Comment

Working...
          X