Scaling Texture on Terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling Texture on Terrain

Hi Everyone, this is my 1st post on this forum!

I'm just now learning the terrain editing tool and i've figured out most of it i think but i sill have one problem.

The "peaks" in my terrain were real sharp so i increased the tesselation, but then the texture started repeating itself to often and the deco layer too. I see the button "scale texture" in the terrain editing tool and it gets selected when i click it, but how do i scale the texture after clicking the button?

i've tried ctrl-dragging like you do whenever you want to "paint".

Ps. On the Tutorial DVD they say that there's a tutorial video for the terrain editing tool, but i can't find it Ds.

Unfortunately, we never got to terrain when creating the videos. I;m not a fan of the scale tool in the terrain editor as it ia hard to get feedback on what you are doing. The best way to adjust scaling of materials on the terrain is to open the properties for the TerrainMaterial you are using and change the scaling values directly.

Comment

Agreed, the scale tool in the terrain editor often doesn't update automatically, but if you edit the properties for the TerrainMaterial, it seems to update right away.

Comment

Working...
      X