Crashes Only When Cooking for PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes Only When Cooking for PS3

To my amazement, my 11 year old son created a simple but pretty amazing level on his own entirely in the Unreal Editor. I was able to cook int fine for the PS3. He then made a 2nd more elaborate level, no special textures or extras, just the included library content, but now the program seems to make it almost entirely through the cooking process, then hangs for a while and then crashes everytime we try to cook it, with no useful error message in the UTFrontEnd console whatsoever other than the standard Microsoft "UT3 had to be closed down. Do you want to send a bug report" error dialog

I've followed the tutorial exactly, and for the first simple level it worked fine but this newer more elaborate level just hangs then crashes UT3 before it completes the cook. Actually, the FrontEnd acts like nothing happened. After I close the Microsoft "UT3 had an error and had to be closed down." dialog, the FrontEnd console says the operation was complete, asks to edit the ini file, and then asks for a save location, but the resulting output file is only about 150K instead of being in the megabytes in size.

I tried cooking it for the PC and it worked fine. Any ideas? I'm running it under 2.8GHZ Box with XP and all the patches and UT3 with 1.1
Working...
X