Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with special objective in VCTF map

Hi,
    in my VCTF map I have a neutral Goliath in the middle and a trigger volume on each side of the map. My plan is that if a player drives the Goliath into the volume at the enemy side, it will disable the enemy vehicle spawners until the Goliath is destroyed, driven out of the volume or hijacked.

Most of it works already, but I have two problems left:

1) How to tell the bots that they have to drive the Goliath into the enemy trigger volume? I've looked at WAR-TankCrossing and they used something like a Onslaught special objective actor there. Will this work in a VCTF map?

2) Disabling the vehicle spawners with the Toggle action works, they get correctly blown up. But they won't respawn even if they get activated by the Toggle action again! So, what is the correct way of disabling / enabling vehicle spawners?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by tom_riddle_2 View Post
    2) Disabling the vehicle spawners with the Toggle action works, they get correctly blown up. But they won't respawn even if they get activated by the Toggle action again! So, what is the correct way of disabling / enabling vehicle spawners?
    Just tried this and it destroys and respawn the vehicle fine.

[SHOT]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/ZooT32/spawn-2.jpg[/SHOT]

Comment

In which game mode did you try this?
      I now also built a small test level and encountered the following:

DM - Vehicles don't get destroyed, but don't respawn after the trigger is activated. They still don't respawn if the trigger activates them again.
      VCTF - Vehicles get destroyed, but don't respawn.
      WAR - Vehicles get destroyed and respawn correctly.

Can you confirm this or am I doing something wrong?
      And if it's true, is there any way to get the WAR behaviour into a VCTF level?

Comment

Maybe its something to do with teams etc.

Because all vehicles are netrual in warfare and only become a team and respawn when a node is captured. So in affect you would have to destroy all the vehicles unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by tom_riddle_2 View Post
          In which game mode did you try this?
          I did it in a WAR map.

I have tried to toggle vehicles in a VCT map but had no joy either.

All I can suggest is toggling something that physically blocks a player from getting to a vehicle.

Comment

All I can suggest is toggling something that physically blocks a player from getting to a vehicle.
            Yes, I think I have to do something like this. I'll try to teleport the vehicle spawners into some kill volume to deactivate them and back to activate them again.

Does anybody know a solution to the problem with the bots?

Comment

Working...
            X