Inverted terrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverted terrain?

I did this VCTF map for UT2004 and it had a negative height so it was inverted. I tried doing the same thing for UT3, but the terrain looks weird now. How can I invert the terrain height other than a negative drawscale value?

Are you wanting to invert the entire terrain such as in a cave ceiling or are you trying to simply invert the terrain heightmap values?
    Changing Rotation will rotate the actor on the specific axis, will that do what you want?

Comment

I am trying to invert the heightmap values so the deep parts of the terrain become high, and the raised parts of the terrain become canyons, I guess is the best way to describe it. I'm trying to remake VCTF-BattleFront. I'm just trying to figure out how make the middle part that is raised up, so it's the gap you have to cross with the bridge, and the big gaps that exist now, would become raised.

Yeah sure I could do it by painting and stuff but I would lose all of the work I did for the UT2004 map and it just wouldn't turn out the same.

Comment

Well the easiest way to simply invert the actual heightmap values is to export the heightmap through the Terrain Edit dialog, open the G16 file in HMCS, click on Invert, save it back out and import it back into UnrealEd.
        If you didn't create the original heightmap centered in altitude, it will invert lower, so just use the HMCS tools to adjust it either pre- or post- inverting.
        If you need more info on the export/import procedure, let me know.

You can get HMCS from my site, link in my sig.

Comment

Your program worked, thanks

Comment

You're welcome. I should have the first public beta of HMES in a month or two.

Comment

Working...
            X