Textures won't import correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Textures won't import correctly

Hey, I'm new to everything about doing custom textures for the Unreal Editor, but I have a little problem.

I have managed to create a cloud texture with a transparent background with the clouds on it. But when I import the texture into the editor, the texture comes with a kind of white background but with my clouds on it.

Is there any way to correct this? Properties in the texture or something to do in the material editor? Of course the problem is that there is a background to my texture which doesn't have a background in Photoshop.

For some reasons it seems like TGA files won't import correctly as well. It says that the format of the file is invalid or something like that

Be shure your texture is sized on power of 2.
    (256x256 or 512x1024 for example)
    TGA format is fully supported by the editor.

Comment

But can anyone give me a tip about how you must set everything so the editor can understand that they background of my clouds is transparent and not white?

Comment

Transparency is handled inside of the material, not with the texture itself. Check out some tutorials on materials for more information.

Comment

everything u need is right there,even translucent materials and how to set their lighting and kismet props

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsindex.htm

Comment

Working...
          X