Single Player Mission Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Player Mission Questions

I've searched a few different sites and haven't been able to find any info on creating a single-player mission with Unreal III's editor. Anyone here have some specific tips for me?

-How do I set up custom victory/defeat conditions?
    -How do I tell the player what those are?
    -By way of example, could you tell what event/action combo I would need if I wanted to make the player victorious after defeating five enemies? I can probably figure out how to do fancier objectives on my own once I see the basic layout...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Im trying to do the same thing, as in single player mission, the only thing I can thik of with the 'how do I tell the player what those are?' is Ive put a volume trigger at the beginning of areas that triggers the object comment to display on the screen that will say simply stuff like 'turn all generators on to open door' and it can only be triggered once.

Hope this helps for the time being?!

Comment

Thanks, Pete. That certainly works, but it would be great if there was a more elegant solution, or at least a way to keep the comment displayed a bit longer.

Anyone else messing around with objectives out there?

Comment

Bump-licious.

Comment

Valence, I hope this any help, I know you can trigger big message or objective comments on the screen for a while in the old engine, UE2, but I dont know how to do it yet in UE3. In UE2 you had under triggers something called MessageTrigger which you could set to EMT_CriticalEvent which would display it as big blue text in the centre of the screen, however in UE3 there isnt the MessageTrigger anymore> Hope this may help with figuring it out in UE3? If you figure it out let us know!

Comment

Thanks again, Pete. I think the Action you're looking for is now called Play Announcement under Voice/Announcements and it works pretty well, but the words stay visible for even less time than the displayed object comment. It's alot of fun playing with the different sounds you can trigger along with it, though!

Oh well. Looks like most people are too busy with multiplayer maps, so maybe there just isn't any support for singleplayer stuff yet. I see "Single Player Mission" tags on a couple of Action and Condition options in Kismet, but I am at a complete loss on how they work or what they do. It would be SUPER if a dev could pop in and point me in the right direction... HINT! HINT!

Comment

Working...
            X