Causing damage with a rotating interop and Kismet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Causing damage with a rotating interop and Kismet

I'm just about finished with my first UT3 map and I'm trying to add the finishing touches. I'm trying to figure out how to cause damage to a player when he touches a rotating disk (namely a very large table saw blade)

I've tried a couple different ways but my Kismet skills are still lacking. I'd also like to add some momentum to the damage so the body parts go flying! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Just put a cylindrical physics volume over it and set it to pain causing.

Comment

Is there anyway to trigger pain causing in a volume on and off? As in my level I have it so that you can shoot pipes and steam comes out, and I want the steam to cause slight pain, but only once you've shot the pipe, how can you trigger these parameter in kismet? So mln you could have your ripsaw moving up and down and you have to jump it or run across, and whilst its up it causes pain, whilst its down your free to run through it?

Comment

Attach a toggle (New Action -> Toggle -> Toggle) to the volume in kismet and turn it on/off when you want.

Comment

[SHOT]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/ZooT32/pain.jpg[/SHOT]

This triggers the physics volume on and off each time you touch the trigger.

Because a physics volume doesn't have a BEnabled you have to toggle it off when the map starts.

You could also use a dynamic physics volume if you wanted it to move.

Comment

Wow, now that was easy. I can't thank you enough!

Comment

afx and Zoo this toggle of volumes was a massive help thanks! really appreciated - cheers!

Comment

Offtopic- I just love rat-maps! When are you going to release beta of this map?

Comment

Working...
                X