No paths from pathnode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No paths from pathnode?

Ok, I almost have my map in beta, but I have a couple errors saying "No path from pathnode_X"

The only pathnodes that i have in my map are for jumppad targets, and i'm not sure what this error is telling me exactly, let alone how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated and after I get these fixed I will be putting up the beta. Any testers and all feedback welcome.

*Oh, and anyone who can help with this error, thanks *

It's not an error, it's a warning, pathnodes are also used for bots to navigate a map, and so if a pathnode is unlinked, the bot will pretty much not know what to do other then stand still like a sitting duck at that pathnode.

Comment

do you know of a tutorial on pathing?

Comment

I really should explorer other sites for links to give to people ^^;;, Anyways I usually just use alt to pull out duplicates and move them around until their are paths for bots to get to things, most things are navigation points anyways so they don't need pathnodes, like ammo/weapons/vehicles/etc... but sorry, no tutorials I can guide you to at this minute >.<.

Comment

I will just have to test and see where I need the nodes. Bots are prolly gonna have a heck of a time on my map as is....

Comment

The warning will tell you which pathnode needs help; look at that node, and then add some others near it.

Comment

Basic pathing is easy; just throw down some pathnodes.

Comment

yeah, pathing is easy to do, just make sure the nodes are about 512 units from each other (I am pretty sure they can be as far apart as 1024, but just to be safe, keep them closer) and make sure that there is a node within line of sight to each direction you want the bots to go from that node.

Best best is to build a pretty decent layout and build paths. After that, view the paths by pressing "P" in the viewport and add nodes where things don't seem to be linking up.

Comment

Working...
                X