Strange Warfare problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Warfare problem

I created a warfare map and I have uploaded it to my clan's server. I know it is in the proper directory because another map that I have made is in that directory and loads up just fine. The problem I am having is that whenever we try to change maps to that particular warfare map, it promptly sends us back to the main menu claiming an "invalid url" for the map file despite the fact that I know without a doubt that the map name being entered into the command file is the correct name. We have also tried using UTComp to switch maps but it doesn't even show up in the map list. Is there some strange setting that I overlooked or could there perhaps be something wrong with how I constructed my map?

did you remember to put the .ini into the config folder instead of the custommaps folder?

Comment

Originally posted by r3sistance View Post
      did you remember to put the .ini into the config folder instead of the custommaps folder?
      Oh I certainly did not. In fact I am not sure where to find this .ini file. Does the map generate one? If so where would it be located?

Comment

When you cook the map in UE3 it will generate three files, these are a .upk, a .ut3 and a .ini file. For the client version of UT3 all three of these go in the same folder (<user folder>/Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps/), however for the server, the .upk and .ut3 go in "<ut3serverdirectory>/UTGame/CookedPC/Maps/", the .ini goes to "<ut3serverdirectory>/UTGame/Config/".

If you can not find the files, after cooking, files are generated to <user folder>/Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps/ also note that you do require all three files to play the map. If you want the map to be selectable in vote options, you will have to add it to your UTGame.ini at the relevant spot for the gametype's rotation/vote options, this may require restarting the UT3 server process to actually take effect however.

Comment

Wow thank you very much. This helped a lot!

Comment

Working...
          X