Static FOV angles in UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Brilliant I wasn't optimistic this could be done but seems people know what i'm talking about. I haven't got to that particular matinee tutorial in the CE yet but i'll check that out asap as well as ffejnosliw's link. Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe the example I set up for this other thread should help you out with this:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=599470

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you don't disable player control (by toggling cinematic mode in Kismet) when switching to a camera with Kismet and Matinee you can still run around - just have proximity triggers everywhere, and switch cameras according to those, like that you can always run around and have the camera kinda follow your character around, or rather always select the camera pointing at your character's current position...

I'm sure you've seen the CE cinematic tutorials? If not, check out 009_Cinematic_Sequence_Completion.wmv in the folder about Matinee, it describes the whole camera setup thing quite well.

You'll also have to run the Matinee bits in loops I guess, and stop the currently running one (best kept in a variable) before switching to the next camera / Matinee bit. Not trivial, but definitely doable.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Static FOV angles in UT3

Static FOV angles in UT3

For a single player map is it possible to create a part of a map, perhaps a volume of some sort, whereby when the player enters it the view jumps to a static camera viewpoint which points at the scene where the player is running etc and once they leave this area the camera snaps back to first person POV?

The effect I am looking for is similar to that employed in the resident evil games whereby the scene was pre-rendered and the camera angle just stayed still in each area when the player entered it.

Whilst the scene is in 3rd person POV the player can still move as normal etc until they leave the specified area. Obviously in matinee this can be done but player control isn't present so just wondering whether this could be done without hardcoding it.
Working...
X