A stock texture not showing up in game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A stock texture not showing up in game?

I have assigned a Stock Material from the UT_Rock package to my rock static meshes in my map. I absolutely love the way the texture looks against my custom materials on the surrounding terrain....

It shows up great in the editor and the In-Editor game, but after I cook the map, all of the rock meshes go to the default Grey and White checkerboard Material as if the rock material never existed....

How Can I fix this and use this awesome material on my meshes?

I can provide screens if you want, but I think I was descriptive enough. If not, let me know....

Is it listed as a fallback material in the browser? I remember reading in another thread that those are only for low-end graphics cards that can't display the standard materials, and won't show up at all if you have the proper hardware.

Comment

You could make a new material in your map package and copy and paste all the expressions from the one you want to use to your new material to see if that works.

Comment

Funny... Everyone laugh at me....

Thank you Setheran, that was my problem.

I could have swore I clicked the "Master" Material next to it, but I guess I clicked the Fallback version trying to be too hasty.

Comment

Fallback materials are strange by the way - you have to exlicitly mark a material as being a fallback material in order to be able to assign it to another material as fallback - so if, say, you have a material in a render-intensive version for places close to the player's possible positions, and a less render-intensive one for places the player probably won't see from up close, and the latter happens to be compatible with shader model 2.0 - then you'll have to duplicate the less intensive material, mark one of the duplicates as being a fallback material, and only then, with the same material twice in your generic browser and package, will you be able to use the same material as both fallback for the more intensive one and actual material in your scene.

I had this problem in my map when I tried to make the glass roof thing less performance intensive and wanted to have a fallback for the impact-heavy variant too.

Comment

Working...
          X