How to split a static mesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to split a static mesh?

Im just wondering if its possible to split a static mesh (Pillar in this case) in half and how its done.

You'd have to export the mesh, then import and split it in an external 3D editing program. Probably have to set up new UV mapping, but maybe not I'm not sure there.

Alternatively, you could just export the Material used on the pillar then open it in PS or Gimp and make an opacity map so that one half of the mesh is simply transparent. I'd recommend that of you aren't in any danger of losing FPS on your map. I don't think FPS would take a huge hit anyway, since the invisible polygons wouldn't be rendered.

At any rate, you'll have to more than likely make a new collision model for the mesh if you decide to export the mesh externally and actually turn it into a new mesh....

My recommendation, if you decide to make a new model, would be almost as fast to just make a whole new custom mesh for yourself.

Comment

Dang!! I wish you could just clip it like you can with BSP, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X