brush tear???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brush tear???

I'm looking across the room at an adjacent wall and seeing what appears to be a "tear" in the brush. It's as if a knife has cut the slightest and thinist tear in the brush. I've rebuilt the map and tried different textures and even looked for errors in the map and the editor says there are none. is there any fix for this besides replacing the brush? the brush is a huge part of the map with a few different subtracts and adds that would be a major hassle to replace and redo.

as seen from a distance

as seen close up

keep in mind this is right in the MIDDLE of the brush and not at any edge. i surely would appreciate any help as replacing the brush is a major bit of work.

Have a look at the final triangles in wireframe view (not brush wireframe) and unlit (lighting) view.
    My guess is that you have something in the map in the CSG brushwork that is resulting in a hole. This specific hole is showing as either a missing triangle or flipped normal.

Comment

this happens to me aswell. i end up just covering them with static mesh, but that is a really big hassle.

Comment

thank you for the suggestion, next time i have this problem i'll do that. i was fortunate enough to think of the fact that i have three brushes in my map of the exact same size, so i simply deleted the one with the error and copied over one of the others. since i left all of the other brushes in place that were doing the subtracts or adds, all of my custom work was left intact and i simply did a rebuild and the problem was solved! pfew!

Comment

Instead of deleting and copying the brush, you most likely could have just right-clicked on it and selected Order -> To Last and rebuilt.
          This is why I asked about having you look at the brushwork to see if it was a missing triangle.

Comment

Working...
          X