Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflective Floorboards

Hi Guys,

Trying to make some reflective floorboards atm. I'm using a scenecaptureflect actor and a floorboard reflect to texture actor and placing it as a texture sample in defuse channel of my floor.

Problem I'm having is when I view in game, it reflects but only on a small portion of the floor. The in game editor screen shot shows its reflecting exactly how I want it, only when in game it tiles. Anyone no what settings would amend this issue? Would be very pleased for anyones insite.

Cheers

Screen-Editor with reflection on whole floor

Screen- In game. Reflecting but on a small tile

I too would like to know exactly how to use the scenecaptureflect actor correctly.

Comment

This is the correct setup for a material using the SceneCaptureReflectActor.

The Screen Position expression should have ScreenAlign set to true and the Component Mask should have R and G checked.

Comment

Thanks a lot ffejnosliw. Works perfectly. If anyone is interested, below is a link to what it looks like now. Just need to limit the reflection hight now.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by simj2120 View Post
          Thanks a lot ffejnosliw. Works perfectly. If anyone is interested, below is a link to what it looks like now. Just need to limit the reflection hight now.

Cheers,

I feel that your map will turn out really sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by kadjikun View Post
            I feel that your map will turn out really sexy.
            Seconded.Looks squeaky clean.Can't wait to make a mess of things in there.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
              This is the correct setup for a material using the SceneCaptureReflectActor.
              Thanks much! I have a question though, what is the proper way to distort the reflection within the same material so as to make the surface not appear totally smooth?

Comment

Originally posted by Ekt0F0rm View Post
                Thanks much! I have a question though, what is the proper way to distort the reflection within the same material so as to make the surface not appear totally smooth?
                I'm not sure exactly what you are looking to do, but you should be able to use a normal map connected to the Normal channel as with any other material. There are ways to distort something by modifying the UVs, though. You'd have to be more clear on what you mean.

Comment

Well basically I need to distort the UVs to make the reflection appear imperfect. I have only ever used Bump Offset but that does not work in this case.

Comment

You could try something like this setup:

Result:

I'm still not sure this is the effect you are going for, but it certainly makes the reflection appear imperfect.

Comment

I see there is the same problem I have been experiencing. There is always the bright green on the edge of the screen whenever I distort it. The more distortion the more noticeable it is.

Comment

Yeah, it's the same problem that arises when using a lot of distortion (with the distortion channel) near the edges of the screen. I don't personally know of a solution other than lowering the values so that it doesn't occur. I bumped it up so the distortion effect would show clearly in the screenshot which resulted in the small green artifacts.

Comment

Cool thread!

Does anyone know how to make hourences outdoor water material with realtime reflections? I don't have any clue how to combine the ScreenPosition expression with all those expresions in groups A B and C.

Please help me!

Comment

The refraction artifacts only seem to show up in the editor, once you cook the map, they disappear.

Comment

Yeah, Madgobbo is correct. I have the same exact thing going in in WAR-PsychoTropix. It's annoying in the editor, but it does not show in the actual game. I think it has something to do with the outline of the window/viewport.

Comment

Working...
                              X